|
Quench my thirst, cool my burning desire
|
|
|
Monday, January 18, 2010
a story to share
I have a story to share, which put me into thoughts.
"Your naphew is in trouble!" dad said to me on the phone. "What's the matter?" I asked. "I heard that he has beaten up someone in school!!"
Dad was a little bit nervous and worried, he wants me to go to Alex's (my naphew) school and understand what is going on. I really love and adore this little naphew of mine. He is a kind and caring boy, and I don't understand why will he beat someone up. So, I put aside my task and head to Alex's school.
When I got into the principle's office, the first thing I saw is my dear sister kept saying sorry to the parents of the injured boy. Both of the parents seemed to be unreasonable, kept wanting to call the police and demand my naphew to be jailed. I turned and look at Alex, he sat at a corner without a word, and his face was filled with anger. I know he has a little bit of bad tempered since young, but he will never get involve in any fight! I believe that there must be some reason that he was doing so.
I walked towards Alex, bend down and said,
"Hey my boy! Don't be scared, you can tell me what happend, yea?"
After my words, tears started to roll across Alex's cheek.
"You still dare to cry?! It's all your fault because you beat my son first, what else can he say?!"
the parents shouted to my ears. I have never seen this kind of unreasonable parents before, and I decided to scare those assholes.
"Fuck, who are you motherfuckers? Can't you fucking use your eyes and see, I am fucking teaching my child to speak the fucking truth?"
and I continued, "If you have fucking problem with that, go and gucking find someone else to settle with me you fucker!"
And there was a deadly silence after my words. I decided to ask for the reason and the whole situation from the teacher, and I can't believe that even the teacher can't give me a proper explaination. So I decided to let the kids to explain.
"I was drawing in the art class, he wanted to borrow crayons from me but he didn't tell me. I don't want to lend him because he always don't return what he borrowed and he doesn't take care of my stuff! Today he took my crayons and run, I wanted to get back from him but I am not strong enough. Out of a sudden, he throw my crayon outside the windows, and scold me with vulgarities. I told him not to scold those bad words, but he doesn't listen. He even point to me his middle finger and spit at my shoes. I can't take it and I beat him. I'm sorry I didn't realise his nose bleed..." Alex finished his words, and his face was filled with regrets.
When Alex was describing what had happened, I observed the reaction of the child and his parents. I turned and ask the child,
"Where was the teacher at that time?"
"In the toilet..." He replied softly.
"But I told Alex that I wanted to borrow, he is so stingy!" The child said "Yea, it's just a crayon, why do you have to make a big fuss out of it and beat my son?" The child's parents were helping his son, unreasonably.
I stared at the parents, and understand the situation. Their family has a problem to educate thier child, and obviously, this kind of matter can't solve it in a normal way.
So I turned to the teacher, and said, "could you please call the police, I would like the justice to be served. Since Alex has beaten up this child, it's Alex fault. But taking things without permission, it is equals to steal. If you snatch things away from the owner without permission, it is call rob. I believe that my child is at fault, however, I do believe that Alex's classmate is also at fault. Since this child's parents wants to call police, I have no other choice."
"But, it's your child's fault! He injured my son! Why do you have to pull my son in?" Both parents started to panick.
"I will not say anything, let the police handle this case. I believe that the justice will be served. Or perhaps, let's go to the police post together." I said, was waiting for the parents reaction.
"Is it that serious?"
"I am not sure, since you insist..."
"But there isn't a need to go to the police!"
"That was your suggestion, remember? I won't protect my child, since he did sonthing wrong, he deserves the punishment. I have to let my child understand, it' bad to injured someone, but it is because of the act of your child. Let the justice to educate our kids, isn't it better?" I can feel the atmosphere was freezing.
I turned to Alex, and asked again, "do you think you are at fault?"
Alex nodded.
"So what should you do?"
"I am sorry..."
"So, can we go to the police post now?" I turned to the parents again, and asked.
"Is there a better way to solve this?" Both parents asked.
In the end, I wanted both kids to say sorry to each others. And I brought the kids to the clinic for some check up. On the way home, I asked my sister why did she have to apologise to the parents without any reason. She told me they were really fierce and she scared. If I didn't go down today, and solve this matter, is it gonna end up the other way round? I wonder.
Hope you enjoy the story, sorry for the bad translation. :)
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
introduction
MLee Pei, commonly known as Pei Pei/Peggy. A Taiwanese who had just finish her 8 years of study in Singapore. She will be turning 21 in no time, but she refused to follow the time. She believes that everyone has split personality, the only difference is, how many personality do you have. So far, she got 3, and I am one of them, introuducing Lee Pei to you.
Peggy Lee | 建立你的名片貼
| | | | |